Gastroenterology Range of services
We combine state-of-the-art technologies with several years of diagnostic and therapeutic expertise. The use of gentle and protective procedures enables us to provide safe and largely painless treatment. Targeted preventive measures complete our spectrum of services.
Our modern endoscopy unit, which was fully renewed in 2013, offers all merits of up-to-date technical and constructional equipment:
- Gentle endoscopic investigations thanks to modern, short-acting mild anesthetics
- Greatest safety due to trained personnel for sedation
- Best quality of examination due to state-of-the-art devices with high-definition images and electronic coloring
- Highest standards of hygiene
Colonoscopy provides crucial information for your subsequent treatment. Thanks to state-of-the-art technology, our colonoscopies are safe and painless for you - during and after the examination.
- Newest endoscopes with HD-TV
- Special endoscopes for "difficult intestines"
- All examinations with so-called sedation - i.e. a "sedation injection" – unless you expressly wish otherwise
- All colonoscopies are accompanied by personnel specially trained in administering anesthesia for this procedure
- Examination rooms with a recovery area and state-of-the-art cardiovascular monitoring for your safety
- Capsule endoscopy of the small bowel
- Endoscopic investigation of the bile ducts and pancreas (ERCP)
- Endosonography, including puncture of the upper and lower digestive tract
- Endoscopy with extra-thin devices for constrictions (stenoses) and angulations
- Removal of polyps and tumors (polypectomy)
- Dilatation of stenosis (bougienage and dilatation)
- Removal of gall stones and pancreatic duct stones
- Ligature of esophageal varices
- Endoscopic mucosectomy and submucosal dissection (EMR and ESD) in patients with large tumors/polyps
- Hemostasis (arrest of bleeding) by clips, loops, or injection
- Endosonographic puncture
- Dilatation for achalasia
- Stents in bile ducts and the bowel
- Electric papillotomy
- External bile duct drainage (PTCD)
- Endoscopic cyst drainage and abscess drainage
- Botulinum toxin injection in the upper and lower intestines
- Radiofrequency ablation of the bile ducts
Our ultrasound unit is equipped with state-of-the-art high-performance ultrasound devices that were fully renewed in 2013. The investigation is performed by DEGUM-certified specialists.
- Abdomen ultrasound
- Contrast-assisted ultrasound of the abdominal organs
- Doppler investigation of abdominal vessels (portal vein and mesenteric Doppler) and peripheral vessels
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Bowel ultrasound
- Endosonography of the upper digestive organs: pancreas, esophagus and stomach
- Endosonography of the rectum
- Selective puncture of all abdominal organs, such as liver puncture
- Cyst and abscess puncture and drainage
- Bile duct drainage (PTC)
Our gastroenterological functional laboratory offers state-of-the-art investigation techniques in cases of suspected functional symptoms.
The investigations are performed by our experts at the Center of Neurogastroenterology and Motility. Please also note our Special consultation hours.
We perform the following examinations for you:
- Hydrogen breath tests (with glucose, fructose, lactose) in case of suspected intolerance or bacterial overgrowth of the small intestines
- Esophageal manometry (and impedance) in the high-resolution technique
- Esophageal pH-metry and impedance
- Rectal manometry in the high-resolution technique
- Manometry of the small bowel and impedance measurement (measurement of esophageal acid levels)
- Colon transit test (according to Hinton) in case of constipation
- Special analytical procedures in stool samples in case of diarrhea or digestive disorders (calprotectin, EDN, elastase)Diagnostic investigation for intestinal parasites and bacteria
We offer a comprehensive range of preventive examinations and check-ups We do not merely wish to treat you when you are ill; rather, we wish to prevent your becoming ill. Our prevention program will help you to protect and preserve your health. The advantages:
- We offer a program specifically adapted to your needs
- All modern procedures are provided even at the basic check-up
- At our institution you find specialists for all investigation procedures - under a single roof
Pain in the abdomen may be a sign of a threatening disease.
Based on modern procedures from the fields of ultrasonography, endoscopy and radiology, we rule out dangerous conditions.
Has no explanation been found yet for your complaints? Our extended investigation procedures at the functional laboratory and our experience at the Center of Neurogastroenterology and Motility will help you to restore your balance.
Check-up for diarrhea
Soft or frequent stools may disturb your daily life to a significant extent and cost a lot of strength.
We check your digestive organs by using ultrasonography, diagnostic tests in the laboratory, endoscopy, and radiology.
The extended options in the functional laboratory enable us to investigate digestive functions more carefully and treat diarrhea in a targeted manner. Our experience at the Center of Neurogastroenterology and Motility also help to detect rare causes of chronic diarrhea.
Check-up for constipation
Chronic constipation deprives you of the lightness of a relaxed everyday life.
When a change of diet or mild laxatives do not help to counteract hard or infrequent stools, the cause should be investigated. Is your bowel transport too slow or is it difficult to void your bowels? Special investigations from the fields of endoscopy, ultrasonography, and the functional laboratory will disclose the cause of chronic constipation. At the Center of Neurogastroenterology and Motility we have all necessary procedures for diagnosis and treatment.
Check-up for lack of appetite/nausea
Lack of appetite, nausea or weight loss are warning signs of serious diseases. With modern procedures from the fields of endoscopy, ultrasonography, the laboratory, and radiology, we are able to detect or rule out inflammations or tumors. A clear diagnosis helps to initiate targeted treatment of lack of appetite or nausea.
Check-up for heartburn
A burning sensation behind the breastbone is frequently a sign of reflux of gastric acids into the esophagus - but not always. Before one focuses on the esophagus, it is important to rule out diseases of the heart and lungs. Long-term acid blockade with drugs or even surgery should be performed only when the diagnosis of reflux disease has been confirmed by procedures based on endoscopy or in the functional laboratory.
Do you have other problems? Do you need advice? Please contact us - by phone, post or email